Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tim Cone leaves Alaska

It's a sad day for the fans of the Alaska Aces in the PBA as Tim Cone his 22-year tenure in the Uytengsu franchise. I remember the days that I hate Alaska because they were so good. I remember the days that they battle my favorite team then the Ginebra San Miguel.

Great Pinoy players like Jojo Lastimosa, Johnny Abbarientos, Bong Hawkins, Poch Juinio, Jeffrey Cariaso, Ali Peek, Tony De la Cruz, and LA Tenorio have donned that the Alaska jersey under Coach Tim Cone. The 22 years resulted to 13 titles and countless finals appearances. They even won a grand slam in 1996.

Coach Tim has been a fixture in the PBA. He popularized the triangle offense in the Philippines and his emotional coaching style is a joy to watch. I wonder, where will he coach next. It would be exciting to see a coach of his caliber develop the next batch of Smart-Gilas. I think he can give Philippine National cager a basketball identity. It will also be surprising to see him in a rival PBA team but anything can happen.

To Coach Tim, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment