Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Rejoice! Pacquiao has finally scored a point in the PBA!!!


A few months back, I was wondering how much points will Pacquiao will score this season.  Well, the answer was 0 for the whole first conference and it was bound to be zero for a while until last night when some sort of miracle happened.  Against Purefoods, Congressman Manny Pacquiao got fouled and he went to the line for 2 free throws. He made 1 and I guess he can finally say that he is a professional basketball player. Basketball player and coach/Boxing World Champion/ Actor/ Congressman / Preacher...  I would say that I would pay good money to see and listen to him as a motivational speaker and the topic: "Everything is Possible!"


NBA playoffs were amazing happens! PBA is where the real amazing happens. Where can you see a professional boxer score a point and then coach his team to a victory over the defending champions.  It was so amazing that Purefoods import and NBA Veteran Daniel Orton became so mad that he remarked that the game was a joke. Orton thought he was like playing against Harlem Globetrotters and got played. Joke or not, Purefood's loss was not a joking matter to the fans and the team management.  Kia now has 2 victories this conference.  They 2 victories more than the suddenly woeful San Miguel Beermen.  Daniel Orton, by the way,  got sacked by the Purefoods Hotshots after his lone PBA game.  He was also fined 250,000 pesos for his post game remarks.  Hopefully, Manny Pacquiao will given a shot next season as KIA's import as a peace offering. 

I would like to congratulate the first pick of the second round of the 2014 PBA Draft for defying my expectations for him and his team. I am quite glad that KIA change their nickname to the one I suggested in my earlier post.  Carnival is so fitting then because their team was like a Karnabal. A few months later, they are not the joke that I thought they would be. I am really happy for them but I want Pacquiao to start the Chinese New Year right.  I want him to announce that bout against Floyd Mayweather or if it will not push through I will ask Pacquiao to make Floyd to be KIA's import next conference. ;) By the way, Pacquiao-Mayweather I will be on May 2. Yipee!!! Finally, I got to see him as a boxer again rather than endure his 6 minutes a night playing time in the PBA.

Here is an update about my questions about KIA at the start of the season:
  1. Who will have the ignominy of being the first ever team beaten by KIA?   BLACKWATER!
  2. How many seasons will pass before KIA ever beat San Mig Coffee?  Just a conference... They beat them last night!
  3. How many points will Pacquaio make this season? 1 so far 
  4. Who will be guarding Manny Pacquiao when he scores his first career point in the PBA? It was a free throw
  5. Who will have the guts to be the first to foul, block, and steal the Pacman? 
  6. How much Pacquiao's insurance against injury?
  7. How many wins will Pacquiao have as a coach? His team has 3 wins I don't  know how many is for him but at least he has 1 win
  8. How many years will it take before Pacquiao gets fired or retires from either coaching or playing?

No comments:

Post a Comment